So this weekend was crazy! First up some good news. I got a new position with Caris Life Sciences! I applied and interviewed about two months ago and I finally got an answer. Second off, I took the certification test on Saturday to become a certified Clinical Research Coordinator and I passed!
Back to the topic at hand, we got a lot accomplished this weekend. Early Saturday morning, before I went to go take my test, Colin and I went to the stone yard and picked out the stone that will wrap around the house.We picked the color Chardonnay (as seen below). It has yellow, green, and red tones throughout. It should match our brown roof.
Saturday evening, Colin and I put in the first bedroom window and then we called it quits for the day. I mean it was around 7pm when we finally finished. Bright and early on Sunday, we were at it again, with a 8am Lowe's run. We returned the third window because it was dented. We are not sure when/how it got dented but we have had the windows a year now. So who knows?
Jose and Val helped remove the wooden panels at the top of each side of the house.
West side of the house, BEFORE.....
West side of the house, AFTER....
Front of the house, BEFORE... Front of the house, AFTER....
Pretty Susie helpin' out
Front door removal...
How many people does it take to hold a door up???
In goes the first screw...
Old Front Door...
New Front Door...
Front door window close-up...
~WINDOW PROGRESSION~
As for next weekend, I am not really sure what is on the construction agenda. Lacy, our brother-in-law, is coming into town for the weekend. We haven't seen his face since the our wedding and we are so excited to spend some time with him!! Hope he doesn't mind the dust ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment