This weekend was my dear friend, Paige's, bridal shower. I told Paige's sister that I would bring cookies. I had been eying these wedding cookie cutters for awhile and now I would finally have an excuse to buy them! I hunted down an excellent almond sugar cookie recipe and thought how hard can cookie making be. It was a long three day process. Day #1 - Test cookie recipe. I am really picky when it comes to sugar cookies. I whittled it down to two recipes. Colin and Chris were my tasters. They approved cookie #2. Colin said the first cookie tasted like corn bread. Day #2 - Frost cookies with base coat. The frosting was thick and we had to trouble shoot to find the best way to smooth it out. Colin patted each cookie with a wood spoon until they were smooth as butter. Day #3 - Decorate cookies. It is definitely not as easy as one would think. The guys came up with awesome ideas. In the end, the cookies came out wonderfully! I could not have done it without the help of Colin and Chris. They stayed up all three nights tasting, decorating, trouble shooting and more tasting.
Almond sugar cookies - individually wrapped and plated

Ritz Peanut butter cookies - That Colin's sister, Courtney, taught me how to make.

Kristin and Jimbo's cookie monster, Isabella. She was so cute stealing cookies and putting them in her toy shopping cart. Isabella is going to be one of our flower girls. I love her new hair cut!

No comments:
Post a Comment